Sunday, May 28, 2017

Running Log May 22 - May 28

Monday: 4 miles (9:22), 4 miles (9:22), 3 miles (9:40).  Two easy treadmill runs and then added a few miles at Brixx.
Tuesday: 4 miles (9:13), 6 miles (9:33).  Easy treadmill run at lunch, and then added 6 miles running from the library to DCP.  Cool weather outside this evening, although I still ran slow.  Having not been doing any tempo runs or strides, I think I'm getting slower.
Wednesday: 3 miles (9:22), 6 miles (9:34).  Ran an easy 3 miler on the treadmill and followed it up with 6 miles from the Library to DCP.  Felt some soreness in the left hip at first and then alter on the right leg and felt stiff waking up Thursday morning.  So hopefully that goes away.
Thursday: 1 miles (10:51).  Right leg was feeling stiff and sore, so decided to stop at one mile and give it a rest.
Friday: 9 miles (9:31).  Right leg felt better and I was able to get a nice 9 mile run in.
Saturday: 9 miles (9:41), 3.3 miles (9:35).  I was able to get the first 9 mile run in between the rain and then ran a second run.  Storm was moving in quickly and I had to do a sprint the last .3 miles to the car at a pace of 7:40.  Looks like I can still get the wheels moving if I have to.
Sunday: 5 miles (9:31), 3 miles (9:30).  Ran a late morning 5 miler on the treadmill and then went out on the Hendersonville Greenway in the evening to get a few more miles that I needed to get a 60 mile week.

Total Miles: 60.3 miles.  Not a big week, but not bad considering I had a 1 mile day due to a sore leg.  A few more weeks of easy running before getting into the next marathon training cycle.

I have decided not to run the Hendersonville Classic on Memorial Day.  I'm not in racing condition and some wine tonight with no alarm clock tomorrow sounds like a better way to enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment