Sunday, May 7, 2017

Running Log May 1 - May 7

Monday: 6 miles (9:16), 6.33 miles (9:34).  A nice 6:13 AM start at Drakes Creek this morning in hopes of becoming a morning runner.  If I can move my training to the mornings, this summer I should get a lot better running in compared to the late afternoon heat.  For the second run, got to Brixx early and ran 3 miles and the joined Dolan for another 3.33 miles.
Tuesday: 6 miles (8:36), 6.22 miles (9:11).  Morning workout - 2 mile warmup, 2@MP (8:14-8:16), 1@sub 8:00 (7:43), 1@ Cooldown.  Felt pretty nice out this morning, tempo miles felt nice and smooth.  Easy second run from the Library to Drakes Creek Park and back.  Very windy this afternoon compared to a nice calm morning.  Finally went over 1000 miles for the year, a little behind last year's pace.
Wednesday: 6 miles (9:48), 6.22 miles (9:21).  Felt sluggish on the morning run, so didn't try to push to get any certain pace and just ran the pace the body wanted to run.  Easy 10K on my second run.
Thursday: 4 miles (9:22), 4 miles (9:13).  Treadmill day with the rain outside. 4 miler at lunch time felt pretty smooth. Added another 4 miles on the treadmill in the afternoon.
Friday: 6.61 miles (9:17).  After traveling to Owatonna, I ran on  the Owatonna g=Greenway.
Saturday: 1 mile (9:29), 13.1 miles (9:12).  After a 1 mile warmup, I ran my hometown From the Heart Half Marathon in Owatonna, MN.  Didn't really go after this race, but just enjoyed running in the parks and streets where I grew up.
Sunday: 7 miles (9:37), 4 miles (9:06).  7 miles in the morning from my brother's house before having breakfast and heading back to Minneapolis to the airport.  Added a nice 4 mile second run after getting home in Hendersonville.

Total Miles: 76.5 miles.  Largest volume week since last June.  Being motivated to run in the mornings meant I could run twice on most days.  Let's see if I can keep that up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment