Sunday, May 14, 2017

Running Log May 8 - May 14

Monday: 4.21 miles (9:17), 7.31 miles (9:23).  Didn't get up for the early run today, so the first run was just past 3 PM and then doubling back with the Brixx run for a "stacked" double as my coach would say.
Tuesday: 6.22 miles (9:00).  I was able to get out for a morning run, starting just past 7 AM.  After a warmup, I then was able to get 5 solid sub 9:00 miles in.
Wednesday: 6.22 miles (9:26), 3 miles (9:13), 4.22 miles (9:09).  Started with an easy 10K in the morning and then ran 3 on the treadmill in the afternoon and then added an easy run at Drakes Creek Park in the evening.  A nice 20K day with 3 runs.
Thursday: 4 miles (9:13), 4 miles (9:22).  Didn't get the early run in, so mileage was down.  Opted for two 4 mile runs on the treadmill.  It's a nice, cool 73 degrees in the bonus room now that I have the extra air conditioner running.
Friday: 13.1 miles (9:08).  Hopped on the treadmill Friday afternoon thinking I was going to run 4 miles and then run 4 later, but decided to keep going to just do a single run.  But when I was nearing 8 miles I was feeling pretty good and thought why not do 10, but then I got this idea to go the half marathon distance, so that is what I did.  Felt pretty good.  After miles of 6.4, 6.5, and 6.5 mph, I upped it to 6.6 mph (9:05) and kept it there.  I decided to scratch running the Bison 10K on Saturday morning since I ran this distance today.
Saturday: 7.21 miles (9:31), 5.41 miles (9:07).  Was a little slower on the first run after running the treadmill half marathon late on Friday. Felt better on the second run and ran it faster.
Sunday: 6 miles (9:36), 4 miles (9:38).  Ran both runs real easy today but I was determined to get in my first 80 mile week in 12 months.

Total Miles: 80.3 miles.  First 80 mile week since a year ago coming off last week's 76 mile week.  I am hoping I can up it to 84 this next week.  It's getting warmer out, which makes it harder to get motivated to get outside.  Could be some indoor treadmill running.

No comments:

Post a Comment