Monday, September 4, 2017

August 28 - September 3 Training

Monday: 3 miles (9:31), 1.5 miles (9:32).  Right hip flexor has been bothering me.  Normally it goes away after a mile, but kept bothering me on the second run, so I stopped the run short of the 3 mile target.
Tuesday: 2 miles (9:34), .8 miles (8:28).  2 mile warmup and was planning on 4 miles of 0:30 on, 2:30 @ 9:00.  Right hip flexor was still giving me issues and it was affecting the intervals, so stopped and walked it in.
Wednesday: 6 miles (9:31).  Right hip flexor improving, kept the miles low.
Thursday: 4 miles (9:31).  Right leg felt pretty good today.
Friday: 4 miles (9:31).  More easy treadmill running.
Saturday: 2 miles (9:21), 9 miles (8:22).  Original plan was to run the Races 13.1 half.  I had everything in the car and was set to go at 5:30 AM, but with the rain coming down, I whimped out and went back to bed rather than sitting in the rain downtown waiting for the start.   But got out to Drakes Creek Park just after 8:30 AM and thought I would try the same strategy I had planned for Races 13.1.  I started with a 2 mile warmup and then then plan was 3@8:30, 3@8:25, 3@8:20, 3@8:15, 1.1@8:00.  I had it on target and just before finishing the 9th mile I felt myself starting to get sick.  Stopped and threw up a few times.  It caught me by surprise because I wouldn't think that 9 miles at 8:22 would do that to me, but I hadn't had any calories for 5.5 hours and I was running this pretty continuous as if it was a race.  Body just wasn't ready for that.  So stopped at 9 miles and walked it in.
Sunday: 3 miles (10:22).  3 mile shuffle in Franklin.

Total Miles: 38.3.  Pretty sad to have my lowest weekly total since Christmas week.  The right hip flexor has been bothered and I took it easy a few days.  Hopefully can get back at it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment