Sunday, July 9, 2017

Training July 3 - July 9

Monday: 4 miles (9:31).  With my brother in town until Wednesday, not getting in much for running due to our busy schedule. Just a short treadmill run in the afternoon.
Tuesday: 4 miles (9:31).  Squeezed in another treadmill run with company at the house.
Wednesday: 2 miles (9:13), 4 miles (7:54), 2 miles (9:09).  Back to normal training.  Weather has not been cooperating with lots of rain and storms all week.  2 mile warmup on the treadmill and then 8 x .25 on/off, 2 mile cooldown.   Felt pretty good halfway through the intervals, so I kept increasing the speed.
Thursday: 6 miles (8:42), 2 miles (8:49).  Started with 6 miles at Drakes Creek Park and went home before the rain rolled in and finished with an additional 2 miles on the treadmill.  Goal was sub 9:00, so I felt pretty good running those 6 miles in the warm, humid weather.
Friday: 6 miles (9:11).  4:52 PM is not the time to start a run.  It was 88 degrees (feels like 96) and felt much harder than yesterday's faster run.
Saturday: 6 miles (9:13).  Easy 6 on the treadmill in the morning.
Sunday: 16 miles (9:07).  Plan was 8@Easy, 3@ sub 9:15, 3@sub 9:00, 2@fast.  The original goal was to try and get under 8:00 on those last two miles, but it was pretty tough going.  The last two miles ended up being 8:15 and 8:11 and I was hitting it hard at the end of the last mile and it resulted in me throwing up a couple times after I stopped.  Exceeded my lactic acid threshold.  But I did run this long run with ZERO calories, just like last weekend.  I'm going to try and continue to run the long runs with no fuel before or during the run.

Total Miles: 52 miles.  Miles were low this week as my brother was in town over the 4th of July weekend and limited my training.

Friday I am off to Napa Valley to run the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon on Sunday.  Not expecting any fast time, but will just try to run it as a tempo run.


No comments:

Post a Comment