Monday, February 6, 2017

January 30 - February 5 Training

Monday: 7 miles (9:47).  Super easy running the day after the 20 mile long run.
Tuesday: 8 miles (8:48).  Two loops around the Station Camp Loop Junior.  3rd fastest time on the second lap.  With temperatures in the mid 60's, I felt really good out there.  My body feels so much better in this weather compared to temperatures in the 30-45 range.  Garmin has me up to a VO2 Max of 48.  I'm trying to get to 52 before London, which would tie my highest VO2 Max on Garmin. Finished January with 268.9 miles, my highest monthly total since last May.
Wednesday: 2 miles (9:46), 5.3 miles (7:57), 1 mile (9:57).  I started the two mile warmup at the HHS Track, but I felt it was pretty windy and it is out in the open there, so decided to head to DCP for the intervals where the trees may block some of the wind.  14 x 90 seconds on/off.  The plan was 7:25 pace for ON and 8:25 pace for OFF.  I really had trouble getting to 7:25 and averaged closer to 7:30-7:35.  But pleased with the overall 7:57 pace for 5.3 miles.  Running faster than I should have yesterday took some out of me for today.
Thursday: 5 miles (9:13).  Opted for the treadmill today.  Legs don't feel too bad today after yesterday's speed intervals.
Friday: 5 miles (9:37).  A nice easy day in Drakes Creek Park with my run streak hitting 750 days.



Saturday: 1 miles (9:50), 13.1 miles (8:44).  Ran the Cedars of Lebanon Half Marathon as a training run.  I ran it repeating 90 seconds on/off the entire way.  Although when I got to the 2 mile gravel section, I stopped the repeats after nearly twisting my ankle a couple of times and just ran that section to keep from getting injured on the rocky road.  Also didn't try doing the intervals on the steep uphills.  That was a tough course.
Sunday: 4 miles (9:10).  Ran into Michael Ponce when I got to Station Camp and ran the Station Camp Loop Junior.  Also ran into Dolan, who ran part of it, until he had to take a phone call.

Total Miles: 51.4 miles.  Lower volume than I should have done this week.  Will try to get back at a high volume this next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment