Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 23 - January 29 Training

Monday: 4 miles (9:22), 4.4 miles (9:14).  Still feeling some soreness in the right leg.  Finally some cooler weather, but good running weather 45-49 degrees.
Tuesday: 7 miles (9:21), 4 miles (9:21).  First run included 20 second pickups on each mile.
Wednesday: 4 miles (9:13), 4 miles (9:29).  First run on the treadmill, second run was my favorite parking lot run at the Streets of Indian Lake.  It is nicely lit up, so it works well for runs after sunset.
Thursday: 2 miles (9:47), 6.3 miles (8:08), 1 mile (10:25).  2 Mile Warmup at Drakes Creek Park and then off to the HHS Track.  Plan was 3 x (2@7:45 + 90s jog).  Usually I warm up and get faster towards the end, but I started to struggle on the last half mile of the second set and didn't hit the pace on the last 3 miles.  The 6 tempo miles were 7:42, 7:40, 7:40, 7:49, 7:51, 7:49.  But my heart rate was highest on the first set (163) and stayed under 160 on the last two miles.  So I clearly didn't put in the effort to get the pace.  Legs felt a bit heavy, but I should be able to push to a higher heart rate.  I also added an additional 90 second jog between the 5th and 6th miles, which was not the original plan.
Friday: 3 miles (9:13), 2 miles (9:30).  Short treadmill run during lunch, but went to run a second time and just didn't feel like running so stopped at 2 miles.
Saturday: 9 miles (10:09).  The plan was to run Bongo to Bongo and add miles to get in a 20 mile run.  But I am not used to running in these temperatures (32 at start), and my legs just felt stiff.  After 4.5 miles, my fingers were frozen and I turned back and legs felt so heavy I couldn't even get under a 10 minute pace.  I hope I have what it takes to get in 20 miles on the treadmill tomorrow.
Sunday: 20 miles (9:13).  Nothing more frustrating than planning to get your long run in on Saturday and not completing it.  Weather wasn't good in the morning, so I started with 13 miles on the Treadmill while watching Denzil Washington in "The Equalizer" and then went to Drakes Creek Park for 7 miles.  The treadmill run was a progression from 6.3 mph to 7.0 mph and my legs were pretty tired by the time I got to DCP.  So it was 9:30+ easy miles for the last 7.  But I got the 20 miles.

Total Miles: 70.7 miles.  First back to back 70 mile weeks since early June last summer.  So that is a good sign.  I really need to be hitting 70 mile weeks for the next 2 months, with maybe a couple exceptions for some half marathon racing.

1 comment:

  1. That's very good training program
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete