Wednesday, July 6, 2016

June 27 - July 3 Training

There wasn't a lot of real training this week, as I was saddened on Monday Night when my mom passed away.  I was lucky that I was able to get back to my home town on May 7th and run a half marathon with my mom standing up and watching me sprint to the finish line.  The next day was Mother's Day and for the first time since the 1970's, my mom saw all 4 of her children on Mother's Day.  She told my sister the next day that it was her best Mother's Day ever.


'

So this week, I traveled back to Minnesota on Wednesday and spent time with family and we had a small, private funeral to honor and remember my Mom.

Here is a recap of my running for the week:

Monday: 4 miles (10:20).
Tuesday: 6 miles (9:10).
Wednesday: 3 miles (8:57).  Back in Owatonna, Minnesota.
Thursday: 5.78 miles (8:40).  This session was supposed to be 3 easy miles followed by 3 miles sub 8:00.  I went to turn around after 2.78 miles of the sub 8:00 and started to throw up from running fast in the humid weather.  So I walked it back to the car.
Friday: 6 miles (9:15).
Saturday: 3 miles (9:16).  Headed to the Twin Cities in the late afternoon.
Sunday: 3 miles (9:40).  Felt sluggish running in the Mall of America parking lot.

Total Miles: 30.8.  Reduced mileage due to the time needed to be spent with family back in Owatonna.  I did sign up for a 4th of July half marathon to start the next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment