Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 4 - July 10 Training

Monday: 1 miles (9:52), .5 miles (9:12), 13.17 miles (8:40), .5 miles (9:58).  I ran a 1 mile warmup from the hotel to the packet pickup for the Twin Cities Red, White, and Boom half marathon.  Then ran a 1/2 mile warmup to the start line, ran the half marathon in 1:54, and then did a 1/2 mile cool down.  The humidity rose all night before the race, but the temperature wasn't bad in the low 60's and there was a lot of shade.  But I just didn't have the engine power today to run it as fast as I would have liked.  I felt like I lost some fitness the last couple weeks and didn't have the drive to hit it hard.

Tuesday: 5 miles (9:15).  Finally back home at Drakes Creek Park.
Wednesday: 2 miles (9:34), 3 miles (9:30), 3 miles (9:24).  Started running at Drakes Creek Park but a big storm came rolling in, so after 2 miles I went home and ran a few on the treadmill.  It looked better after dinner time, so ran a few more at Drakes Creek Park.
Thursday: 2 miles (9:52), 3.7 miles (8:59), 1 mile (9:52).  Hill Repeats on Bison Way, 3 up, 3 down.  Man I was slow on those.  My downhills were slower than my uphills from May, that is bad.
Friday: 5 miles (10:26).  I struggled in the heat.
Saturday: 3 miles (9:30), 5 miles (8:55).  Second run outside in the heat, but for some reason I felt good out there.
Sunday: 8 miles (9:53), 2 miles (9:53).  This was a struggle right from the start and was supposed to be 16 miles with the last 4 sub 8:05.  I knew after 5-6 miles that I wasn't going to make it for 16 miles and then my right leg started bothering me on mile 7 and slowed me down considerably, so stopped after 8 miles.  Added a second run.  Right leg still a bit sore, so only two miles.

Total Miles:  58.  Was supposed to run closer to 70 miles, but after two weeks of 30 miles, I think the increase was taking a toll on me plus the race on Monday.  Off to the Napa/Sonoma region on Wednesday night to run the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment