Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 20 - June 26 Training

Monday: 5 miles (10:14).  Mall of America Parking Lot Run.
Tuesday: 5 miles (9:52).  Through in a 25 second pickup on each mile.
Wednesday: 5 miles (9:38).
Thursday: 3 miles (9:56). Today I woke up with a pretty sore right glute medius.
Friday: 3 miles (9:53).  Right glute medius just a little better, but still pretty sore.
Saturday: 3 miles (10:46), 3 miles (9:39).  Just taking it easy with the sore right glute medius.  Looks like it will be dry needling time on Monday with Dr. Hulme.  Felt better in the afternoon, so took an early evening second run.
Sunday: 3 miles (10:13).

Total Miles: 30 miles. One of my lowest volume weeks during the now 528 day run streak. I did run 26 the week after Paris.  I think this was a much needed rest, not just for the body, but for the mind as well. I had a free week with no plan from my coach and I took it easy, especially after the right glute medius came up sore on Thursday.  Back to mid 40's for miles next week and I should get in for some dry needling on Monday or Tuesday.

Still hoping to race hard on the 10K on the 4th of July and I have the Napa to Sonoma half coming up on July 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment