Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 2 - 8 Training


Monday: 6 miles (9:48).  Brixx Run.
Tuesday: 6 miles (9:58).
Wednesday: 7 miles (9:29). 2 mile warm up, 8 x (1/4 mile fast + 1/4 mile jog), 1 mile cool down.  Target was sub 7:00 on the fast intervals, but I averaged 7:09.  I've had a miserable cold all week.
Thursday: 4 miles (10:15). Was feeling miserable from my cold after two miles, so just jogged back slowly to the car. 
Friday: 4 miles (9:37). First day this week that I felt better than the previous day.  Still quite congested, coughing, and sneezing. 
Saturday: 13.6 miles.  Half mile warmup followed by the Cedars Frostbite Half Marathon in a time of 1:59:33 (9:08). I was still suffering with congestion from my cold, but decided to run anyway.  It was a tough course, 1148 feet of elevation gain/loss.  Had a few coughing sessions during the race and just pushed forward to the finish line.
Sunday: 4 miles (9:43).

Total miles44.6 miles.  Considering I was sick all week, I felt lucky to get a full week of training in including a race without missing any days.  Hopefully in a few days the cold will be behind me and I can get in some solid running

No comments:

Post a Comment