Monday, December 8, 2014

December 1 - 7 Training

Monday - 4 miles (9:58). Brixx run, but left leg was feeling quite sore.
Tuesday - No running. Diagnosed with left abductor strain. 
Wednesday - 30 minutes elliptical.
Thursday - 75 minutes elliptical.
Friday - 1 mile walking + 30 minutes elliptical.
Saturday - 2.5 mile walking.
Sunday - 1 mile walking.

Total miles - 4 miles running, 4.5 miles walking, 135 minutes elliptical.  Taking a pause from running to allow the left abductor strain to heal.  A bit frustrating to be on the sidelines, but I don't want to rush back too soon and have it continue to be a problem. The focus has now shifted to the Boston Marathon where I want a healthy training cycle.  I most likely will switch to the half marathon at Houston next month and only run that if I'm fully recovered.  I am going to have to show some patience.  The left leg feels a little better each day, but just slightly.  I can still feel it just walking, so I will continue to walk and use the elliptical.  Once it doesn't hurt walking I can ramp up the walking miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment