Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 3 - April 9 Training

Monday: 3 miles (9:31), 3 miles (9:36). First run on the treadmill and then ran the Brixx run with the Fleet Feet Hendersonville opening night.
Tuesday: 7 miles (9:12).  Easy run.  Legs feeling pretty good for 3 days post-marathon.
Wednesday: 4 miles (9:22), 4 miles (9:21).  Two easy runs today, first one on the treadmill.  Very windy outside on the second run.
Thursday: 9 miles (8:18).  Treadmill run watching the Master Golf Tournament.  2 miles warmup, 2@8:00, 2@7:45, 2@7:30, 1 mile cooldown.  Legs felt pretty good considering I ran a sub 4:00 marathon 5 days ago.
Friday: 6 miles (9:16). Easy run from the Hendersonville Library to Drakes Creek Park. Legs felt pretty good the day after a 6 mile tempo run.
Saturday: 16 miles (8:32).  I adjusted my run/walk formula from last Saturday's marathon and decided to run 5:15 and walk 0:45.  I felt like I was rested after 45 seconds during the marathon so I reduced the walk interval and added it to the run interval.  This felt pretty good today, with a negative split (8:36 first 8 miles, 8:28 last 8 miles).  This is the formula I am expecting to run in London on April 23rd.  Today's pace would translate to a 3:43-3:44 marathon.   We will see what happens in London.
Sunday: 4 miles (9:57), 4 miles (9:31).  Two very easy runs.

Total Miles: 60 miles.  This marathon training cycle continues to be a lower volume cycle, mainly due to my lack of desire to run the 70+ mile weeks.  Although I feel pretty good after the last two Saturdays where the run/walk system got me a sub 4 hour marathon last week and a really good 16 mile run on Saturday.   Saturday's 16 mile run was the 20th time I ran a 16 mile training run, however, it was the second fastest one and fastest since 2014.  So that gives me the confidence to head to London on Friday with a shot at a good marathon on April 23rd in London.

I probably won't get to post the blog until the week of April 24 when I get back from London.

No comments:

Post a Comment