Monday, October 3, 2016

September 26 - October 2 Training

Monday: 8 miles (8:38).  Finally some nice fall weather and I found myself running much faster and it felt great.
Tuesday: 10 miles (9:14).  2 Mile Warmup, 6 x (1/2 mile @ sub 8:00 + 1/2 mile easy), 2 Mile Cooldown.  Averaged 7:54 on the fast intervals, which were pretty consistent.  It was about 75 degrees out, which was nice.  I could feel that yesterday's run was affecting me a little as I ran too fast on Monday when I was thrilled it was so cool outside.
Wednesday: 4 miles (9:22).
Thursday: 10 miles (9:08).
Friday: 3 miles (9:21).
Saturday: 5 miles (9:51).  Went super easy as I had decided earlier this week that I would run the Greenway Marathon on Sunday rather than do a 20 mile long run today.
Sunday: 26.42 miles (9:56).  I ran the Nashville Greenway Marathon in 4:22 GPS time.  The goal was to run the first 20 miles and then run/walk to the finish line.  It was low 60's at the start, but the clouds went away after about 15 miles and it was sunny and warm the rest of the way.  I was feeling pretty good in Shelby Bottoms until it got pretty warm.  Considering I had not run outside beyond a half marathon since Grandmas Marathon in June, I felt pretty good to get this marathon in.



Total Miles:  66.4 miles.  The marathon sure helped get the mileage up for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment