Monday, October 17, 2016

October 10 - October 16 Training

Monday: 5 miles (8:45).  Went straight to Brixx to run after getting back from Minneapolis.
Tuesday: 10 miles (8:54). 2@Warmup, 3@ sub 8:30, 1@easy, 2 x (1@sub 8:00 + 1/2 easy), 1@Cooldown.  Felt pretty good out there despite it still being 79 at the start, well above normal temperatures still lingering.  Woke up with some very sore and puffy eyes that only went away during my run and then came right back when I was done running.  I believe it may have been caused by gnats getting into my eyes during Monday's run as there were tons of gnats you could see splattered all over my shirt.  Felt some near my eye on Tuesday.  Total discomfort.
Wednesday: 7 miles (8:54).  Six straight days of sub 9:00 runs for the first time since November 2014.  The splits were in a 7 second range, so is the old Alan Watts even split runner back?  I really feel like I ran better when I ran even splits and made sure I gave a good effort each mile rather than getting lazy and slower.  Once the temps get under 60, I am ready to rock it!
Thursday: 8.08 miles (8:29). 2 mile warmup, 4 miles of 0:45 @ sub 7:15 + 2:15 @ 9:00, 2 mile cool down.  Temps were in the upper 60's and it felt really nice out and the gnats were gone today.  Averaged 7:03 on the fast 0:45 and 8:45 on the off 2:15. So it was a really good run.  I suppose the last cool down mile with a 66 elevation gain at 8:29 wasn't really a cool down.  Felt great.
Friday: 6 miles (8:55).  Went over the 10,000 mile mark today since starting in March of 2013!
Saturday: 4 miles (9:33), 3 miles (9:54).  Felt a bit sore, probably from running sub 9 on 8 straight days, so I slowed it down today.  Last time I had that many sub 9 days in a row back in 2014 I was soon on the injured list, so don't want to do that.
Sunday: 17 miles (9:17).  Treadmill long run watching football after a night downtown in Nashville.  Probably should have got up early and ran but sleeping in was feeling good at the Renaissance Hotel.

Total Miles: 60.1 miles.  Not a bad week, but I just haven't been getting in the runs to get the 70 mile weeks.  Over 2500 miles for the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment