Monday, January 12, 2015

January 5-11 Training

Monday - 5 miles (9:36). Brixx run.
Tuesday - 5 miles (9:38).
Wednesday - No running.
Thursday - 5 miles (9:53).
Friday - No running.  Had dry needling done on the left leg at 10:45 AM.  It was pretty sore when I went to run in the afternoon, so cancelled the run.

This works ....



Saturday - 2 miles (11:25).  Yes, that pace is correct at 11:25.  I was still pretty sore from the dry needling, but wanted to get some mileage to help the leg.
Sunday - 10 miles (9:14).  Saturday night I could feel the left leg starting to get better and it was remarkably better when I woke up on Sunday morning.  I probably ran this too fast since I hadn't run 10 miles since November, but I was too excited about the medical miracle from Dr. Jason Hulme's dry needling on Friday.

Total miles: 27 miles.  I was pretty excited about how the dry needling on Friday improved my leg by so much in 48 hours.  As I write this on Monday morning, the leg feels really good, which is great considering I had a good 10 mile run in yesterday.  I am optimistic that I have now turned the corner and hopefully the left leg issue is now in the past. I am now looking forward to running the half marathon in Houston this coming Sunday.  I can feel my conditioning improving now that I am getting in some runs.   

Stay tuned for next week's Houston Half Marathon recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment