Sunday, January 4, 2015

December 29 - January 4 Training

Monday - 4.38 miles (9:27).  Brixx run.
Tuesday - No running.
Wednesday - 5 miles (9:17).
Thursday - No running
Friday - 4.13 miles (9:05).
Saturday - 3 miles (9:29).
Sunday- 8 miles (9:40).

Total miles: 24.5 miles.  The left leg continues to improve, but Thursday it felt a little worse when I started running, so I stopped and went back home.  Leg felt pretty good on Sunday's 8 mile run.  Cardio wise, this was a tough long run for me, longest run since November 23rd.  But I was happy to be able to get 24.5 miles in this week and hope that I can continue to increase the volume.

I put on the heart rate monitor on Sunday and was surprised the Garmin only reduced my VO2 max from 49 to 46.  Maybe it just lowers it a little at a time, I was expecting it to be down to 42-44.

No comments:

Post a Comment