Monday, December 12, 2016

December 5 - December 11 Training

Monday: 5.21 miles (8:51), 5.86 miles (9:12).  First run a bit faster at DCP before heading to the second run at Brixx.
Tuesday: 2 miles (8:58), 5 miles (8:20), 3.11 miles (9:24).  After a 2 mile warmup at DCP, I headed to the HHS Track for 4 x (1mile @ temp + 400m jog).  The mile splits were 7:47, 7:44, 7:42, 7:40, so that felt pretty good.  Ran a 5K cooldown at the Streets of Indian Lake.  4th straight day of 10+ miles.
Wednesday: 7 miles.  Forgot the GPS again, so I ran the same 7 mile route that I ran on Wednesday and Friday of last week.  I am finding the easy runs are more enjoyable without the GPS since you don't feel pressure to run a certain pace.  Probably 10 minute miles, but that's OK!
Thursday: 2 miles (9:24), 6 miles (7:56), 1 mile (9:54).  Started with a 2 mile warmup at Drakes Creek Park and then went to the HHS Track and ran 12 x (400m on/off).  My goal was to keep the overall average pace around 8:00 and I was able to do that.  1 Mile Cooldown.  My training plan called for an easy 8 mile with some strides, but since I decided to cancel the Rocket City Marathon on Saturday, I went for a solid tempo run since I don't need to ease off for the marathon.  Sorry coach, that's what happens when I get OVER motivated.
Friday: 4 miles (9:38), 6 miles (9:21).  With it being 32 degrees out, I decided to split today's running into two runs. Ran 4 miles at lunch and took it very easy after the tempo run on the track yesterday.  Felt a little more loosened up on the second run, which was slightly faster and 4 degrees warmer at 36.  It didn't feel too bad outside today because there was very little wind.
Saturday: 2 miles (9:49), 6 miles (8:37).  Just wanted some easy miles with a little turnover.  Started at Drakes Creek Park and I was just feeling old, cold, and achy.  So I stopped after 2 miles and headed to the HHS Track to see if it would feel better over there.  So when I got on the track, I targeted 8:40 miles, which is 1:05 per 200m and 2:10 per loop, so it should be real easy to keep track of.  It went well and I managed 6 miles in the 8:35-8:39 range.
Sunday: 5 miles (9:15).  The plan for today was 18 miles, however, woke up with a cold and had no energy.  Did all I could do to get in 5 miles while watching the Vikings on the treadmill.

Total Miles:  60 miles.  I wanted the 70 mile week, but woke up with the cold on Sunday morning, which is now worse on Monday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment